4.5.08

Saturday May 3

Today we made the walk. There is a trail that connects all 5 cities in the Cinque Terre region. Riomaggiore, where we are staying, is at the bottom. We took a train to Monterosso (top city) and started the trek. Trek it was! I can't even tell you how many stairs we climbed in the first 30 minutes; up, up, up! It was such a relief to eventually see the next city! It took about 5 hours in total and A LOT of leg muscle


Coastal view while walking

Finally the next city Vernazza!

Taking a break from the trail in Vernazza (for pizza of course!)

A look back on beautiful Vernazza!

The trail:





2 comments:

Cynthia said...

I love all the pics!!! Pizza, fondue, waterfalls, climbing, jersey cows, sunsets, incredible cities carved into cliffs, heart-shaped gravestones. Wow!
Love, Mom Cy

Ashley said...

I see that you are still making good use of your gauchos...those have some great memories... burglars at the Browns...