So I have this terrible fear of snakes and typically to overcome this fear professionals would probably throw me in a snake pit for a few days until I passed out or ideally calmed down. (This will NEVER happen in my lifetime, I would rather die!)
I used this same tactic today on Spencer. He HATES shopping and the thought of shopping at IKEA is especially repulsive in his mind. Well in order to conquer that fear we (I) decided to brave Ikea on a Saturday afternoon while our car was getting an oil change. We had fun sitting on the couches, looking at all the baby stuff and especially eating some delicious lunch.
I'm not sure the therapy was successful, but next time we have to go to Ikea I'll let you know if Spencer comes along...I doubt it.
2.8.08
Therapy
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Keep up the therapy Mackenzie! You will break him yet!!
Ikea is a nice place to start. Kay and Caleb HATE shopping. The first time Caleb went into a shoe store to try on shoes was last year. He is on a mission now. One time he called me from college to ask where he bought his clothes. Pathetic, maybe we should have joined in on the sopping therapy. Janae
Congrats on the news about Baby Harding! We are excited for you!
How can you hate IKEA, it is not shopping, it is its own genre of entertainment
Post a Comment