Madeleine got her name and specific spelling for a reason. My grandma's name is Madelyn and this is her first great-grandchild. Spencer and I also wanted to have a French flare to it as we both served missions in France. So we went with the traditional, original French spelling Madeleine.
My friend Wendy gave me these adorable Eiffel Tower Robeez.
This book is actually about Madeleine; however, the spelling and pronunciation was changed for rhyming purposes. If you look closely in these books in some of the pictures you can see her name spelled the original French way, Madeleine.
And Jane came from my mom's middle name


2 comments:
I love to hear about the reason behind her name! It is so beautiful and meaningful! I love it!
I love her name! And I'm sure I will learn how to spell it in time! For now I'm calling her Maddie!
Post a Comment