Spencer has been super busy at work this week as well as racking up some frequent flyer miles for the fam so I've had some extra time lately - hence all the recent blog pictures and posts. Just thought I would update the fam (and those loyal readers who care enough to hack through the text) of some cute Madeleine-isms as of late.
She's so funny and she knows it. When she sees strangers in a store she'll clap and say/scream "yaaaay!" and just wait for their response. When they give her attention she automatically starts saying and waving "bye-bye" and then throws her head back laughing at herself. We're working on being more welcoming :)
She's learning about a word a day. Some of the most recent additions to her vocabulary include "cheese, cracker, shoe, cookie, and amen". She's also learned to say prayers. We'll thank General Conference for that one! Spencer and I have caught her on two separate occasions spontaneously folding her arms and jabbering away in a whispering voice and then loudly saying "AMEN!".
Today she reminded me of Gus Gus from Cinderella. She LOVES small little things such as travel-size shampoo, chapstick, lip gloss, spices, little balls, and the mini-sized hand sanitizer. Today while I was getting lunch ready I noticed her constantly saying "oh-oh" about every 3 seconds. I looked over to the dining room and saw her struggling to carry around about 6 of these little things that she had gathered around the house. She really can only handle 3 at best. However, she was determined to carry all 6 - hence the slew of "uh-oh"s. She then started bringing the little things one-by-one to another corner of the kitchen methodically protecting her precious loot. I just stood there and watched her ant-like activity. And of course once the 6th item found its place in the kitchen corner she clapped her hands and said, "YAAAAAY!"
Tonight she found this hat from the closet and kept bringing it to me to put it on her. She would walk around smiling with it on, take it off, try and put it back on herself, but end up bringing it back to me to put it back on. Over and over and over again. I was smiling at her causing her to run around laughing, she loves the attention.
*note the red rocking chair still getting some serious love and attention*

2 comments:
So cute to hear the every day stuff. I want to see her in person! It's been too long since I've seen you!
So cute. I love the Gus Gus in her. :) And I love that she is all about getting attention!!!
Post a Comment