11.8.10

gardens




While my mom and Abby were in town we explored the Cleveland Botanical Gardens and while the flowers, landscaping, plants, fountains, and scenery was great - turns out most of the pictures had Madeleine in them making her, uhhh, better than great? Yeah, WAY better than great. I'm pretty sure Henry was only in ONE picture (the one at the top) - post blow-out and spit-up explosion, ahhh the joys.

It was sad to see you guys leave! We're all going through withdrawl, especially Madeleine. Sunday during church Madeleine randomly started shouting (she really only has one volume) Grandma! Grandma! I can't blame her...the woman a few rows ahead from the back really did look like you Mom.

Then today at BabiesRUs there was this cute woman looking at the same stuff we were and of course Madeleine starts up the usual befriending business with "hi!", "brother" while pointing to Henry, "mommy" pointing to me and continued on identifying anything she possibly could around us. Clearly this attracts lots of attention (and she knows it) but in the middle of her identifying blitz she paused and got this face of amazement/excitement/wonder and said in a drawn out enthralled way, "ABBY!" as if she had just seen a celebrity. And yes Abby, she did look kind of like you.

So now it's just me and the kiddos - making our way through life (okay the week) trying to figure out the whole "doing it on your own thing". Dare I say, so far so good...?

Posted by Picasa


1 comment:

Kimi said...

First off, I LOVE the botanical gardens. So fun. And I have to mention that I love the pictures you take :)

It takes awhile (at least, it did for me), to get used to having 2 kids so close in age. You'll be awesome, however, because that's how you are :)