27.10.10

some random things I don't want to ever forget


this little one found my makeup bag and went nuts with my mascara - she was so proud of herself


she misses daddy with me when he's on a business trip. we watched this awesome sunset last night together and talked about how lucky daddy is that he gets to ride of choo choo trains and airplanes for work. her dream.

she was definitely confused when it was sunny AND rainy at the same time. couldn't quite get it through her head



stickers are a big hit. she loves putting them all over herself and their novelty lasts for days. She's also still REALLY into pumpkins - not sure what we'll do when Big Punkin dies...maybe we'll attempt to transition to snowmen or santa?


the "cake shirt". she has two favorite shirts - this one and her monkey shirt. she digs them out of the dirty clothes and asks to wear them daily. the other day I even caught her watching her "cake shirt" get washed - she was very concerned! Anytime she wears one of these two shirts she tells EVERYONE about her shirt and wears it proudly.


this picture is great - that expression on her face is what I get about 90% of the time I break out the camera. the boots are still a favorite. then we have henry just chilling in the background; very typical. let's not miss the pumpkin she carries around. and lastly she's standing on a book. another one of her games she plays with herself is to stand on a book and jump off. she builds it up like she's skydiving or cliff jumping off the book so it's pretty entertaining. who knew a couple inches could be so dramatic


anywhere we go she's on the lookout for pumpkins. We got her a cheap plastic one to go trick or treating with and she's welcomed it into the family nicely, including talking to it... "oh hi big punkin!"

when she is playing by herself and gets distracted or in her 'zone' she loves to sing. Frequently I find her in the corner organizing the many pumpkins found in the house singing the ABC's, insey weensy spider, down by the bay, 5 little ducks, and a variety of other songs to herself...like a walking jukebox


she's really into books. this picture is deceptive because she's not exactly into reading books, but more just pulling them ALL off the shelf and organizing them, putting the books back and starting all over again.

sometimes I'll ask her a question like, "what should we have for dinner?" or "what song should we sing?" or "guess what we get to do today?" or "what do you want to wear today?" and her typical response to most questions is "oooooooooohhhhhhh.......fruit snacks!" one track mind.



thinks it's HILARIOUS when she sits in 'mommy's chair'

one of her favorite games is 'set-go!' Sometimes the "ready" makes its way in there too. She'll stand anywhere and say, "set....go!" and dart off to the corner and celebrate reaching the self-designated finish line with an emphatic "yeeeeeaaaaaaaaaaaah!"


one day I left the box filled with too-small-clothes a bit too close to her crib. She woke up from her nap and started playing dress up - new entertainment!

she's still sleeping with her pacifier. kind of strange when a full sentence comes out of her mouth with that thing in it, but let's face it people...I need my sleep so I'm in no hurry to pull the plug, literally.


she's such a good sport. I'm always making her try on clothes. One week before family pictures we went through about 10 options...I would put an outfit on her and then chase her around with the camera to see how it looked. but then I get shots like this that's are priceless - not from a photographic standpoint but they show her personality and her mannerisms so well.

She is one wild child and on any given day has about 7 bruises on her legs. those 'book jumps' can be quite hazardous I guess



we've been working on this lately. more just easing into it but she's having fun with it - she loves sitting on the toilet. we've had a few close calls falling in but nothing too traumatic yet

she keeps me on my toes and is my little sidekick; she makes henry smile just by looking at him; she's social with anyone that will give her attention; she's a yapper and if she can't think of something to say on her own she'll just repeat anything I say, during phone calls, when I'm talking to henry or anything else she can hear; she's the cutest little bubbling, spunky girl and I can't get enough of her

3 comments:

t.t.turner said...

I want that raincoat.

Oriah said...

I am so excited to see you all!

the Petterson Family said...

This was perfect. I think it's wonderful that you can have little moments like the sunset with her.

I love having a little sidekick too!