18.2.11

ramblings

some things seem to be a never-ending work-in-progress - (Henry's sleep habits, Madeleine's discipline, cooking healthy meals, photography skills, the need to go grocery shopping, and the list could go on and on...) home decorating/design is one of these things.

we have lived in this house for over 18 months and moving in 4.5 months, so why am I caring about this now? Oh and we rent. Perhaps because so many of my friends are oozing with creativity, style and inspiration that I can't help myself? Maybe one day I'll be able to just throw down a bunch of money and do it all in one shot, the whole house, wouldn't that be nice? But for now, it's little by little and is therefore just being dragged out forever.

knowing that we're moving to Boston in a few months and entering the 'hard times' (no income) I've recently renewed my motivation and trying to make at least some progress here and there. Progress that isn't tied to this house but that's portable. Is this making sense? If not just skip to the bottom, you won't want to miss whirleyball.

I've been looking into to some budget-friendly prints to hang in random places (bathroom, hallway) and I've liked the ones that happen to mean something rather than just a picture or a catchy phrase. Using wordle, I created this one by inputting the text to the The Family: A Proclimation to the World. A modern look to timeless truth. The size of the word depends on the frequency of the word in the text. You can customize the the fonts and colors - a fun time killer





My good friend Christine (shout out to BYU lax) gave me such a fantastic birthday present - a little piece of the garden state! These are the some of the stops on the train line that goes to and from NYC. I LOVE it! She is so talented. Now you many not be lucky enough to be from NJ, but you can still have a custom-created, super-sylish piece of home (or really whatever you want) by checking her out here



Once again going back to my BYU lacrosse days, my friend Ashley is a remarkable designer. Really just a remarkable all around person, but her design skills are to die for. I love how they're classy, simple and not overdone. The perfect amount. I've been talking with her about how to spice up our bed, while still keeping it's functionality. It's still a work in progress because I can't buy anything unless it's 50-75% off (it's habit, what can I say?) but I found these two pillows that I absolutely love.

With some fabulous suggestions regarding colors, textures, combinations, and fabrics from the design diva herself I am finally making some progress. After going to about every store that sells bedding (some even twice), I found a blanket that is the exact gray/green/gray/blue as the ravishing pillow! I then found some gray/slightly metallic euro shams to create some height for the bed. All this, including the pillows to stuff the shams for less than $100. I'll take it.

Oh and did I mention that Ashley lives in Boston??? Woooohooooo! Can't wait!

Madeleine is obsessed with elephants - their noses, sounds, ears and everything.  After many failed attempts of wearing this onesie she now realizes it's too small for her and wants Henry to wear it every day

As Henry takes his morning nap, Madeleine gets to lay on my bed and watch a movie while I take a shower.  It's scheduled and we both love the time.  She gest to choose from our current batch of library movies and without fail, she always asks for the  'Potty Movie'  Riviting I guess :)

I'm so glad I still have some great friends from lacrosse - I miss those days! (as I sit here in my BYU lax sweats).  Speaking of lacrosse, have you ever heard of Whirleyball????

If you answered yes then why didn't you tell me???  If you answered no, then you're like me as of last week - in the dark on one of the greatest games/activites ever.  Lacrosse in bumpercars.  Awesome.  Despite the fact that I'm sure many people play it drunk and it attracts the same crowds as laser tag and arcades, we rented the place out and had a blast pretending like we were 14 again.

Spencer and I had a date night (no kids!) with some other friends and had a blast pretending we were 14 again and reliving our lacrosse glory days.  Whirleyball followed by dinner at PF Changs = a great birthday date night.

Whirleyball - you should look it up.  Not sure if it's a midwest thing, Ohio thing or what but if you ever get the chance - do it!

Well there you have it - my thoughts on a Friday night.  You can thank Spencer and his basketball game for this post :)  Happy Friday night - tomorrow we drive to NJ to welcome home itty-bitty-betty aka Hermana Clark.  And we're all thrilled and ready with our spirit fingers...


Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Christine Frandsen said...

Yay Hermana Clark! :) Yay New Jersey! And I'm glad you like the print :) The proclamation one is really cool too!!

EmmaTheJane said...

so all i have to do to spice up my bed is put an ADORABLE baby on it? Done.