23.3.11

aussie living

I've had some requests for some picutres of where we live. So here's to you...


some things of note in this picture
  • the stroller has its own spot in the kitchen - real city living
  • if you look closely you'll notice the white cardigan (jess) and red watch on the stroller - always prepared!
  • yes, those are towls on the table - we live in 'serviced apartments' = we have a maid. it's glorious and she's one of our favorite people here. she requests our room daily so she can see the kids, sneaks in extra hot chocolate, milk, towels and soap all in the name of 'the children'
  • let's not forget the little head popping up in the picture - she's all over the place and into everything, tucking remotes and phones away in drawers, hiding in closets, climbing in cabinets and making forts


our living area - M likes to make things 'just right' before she gets comfortable. this is typically what our late afternoons, post nap, look like...settling in for the TV highlight of the day Sesame Street and Olivia


bathroom with a skylight....oooooo AND the best part is there's a washer and dryer behind the door


Madeleine's nook - we tried her out on a real bed the first night and quickly reverted back to a 'port-a-cot' as they're called here. she loves and we love it - she may be 5 sleeping in that thing but if she likes it then fine by me!

I didn't take a picutre of Henry's nook but his is the other corner of the room. Two cribs and two empty twin beds just begging for visitors :)


M's been having fun watching Aussie shows and Henry's been exploring, fully crawling and is literally all over the place. it's pretty funny, he crawls on is hands and feet, no knees here folks.  I'll see what I can do to upload a video sometime.


M looks out our sliding door most afternoons just waiting to catch a glimpse of a passing train in the distance. You would think she's whale watching or something. The train seems to come about every 10 minutes during commuting time and every 10 minutes we hear a squeal of excitement - ahhh to be 2 again



I guess there needs to be a window to consider it a bedroom so this is the window in M and H's room and frankly I LOVE it.  It means they sleep in a dark room regardless of what time of day it is.  Plus, Madeleine gets a thrill 'checking' on Henry :)

Considering we didn't even have a place until the Wednesday before we left (2 days prior) I was thrilled with what they found for us.  I'm sure this will be more space than we'll have in Boston and with a washer/dryer and dishwasher life seems pretty great...not to mention that maid thing.

4 comments:

Jess said...

go the maid! I have one too, I call her my mother-in-law ;) (don't tell her I said that!) Love the cardigan & the watch! haha next time we go out we will actually know what time it is!

Leanna said...

Wow...a maid! Sign me up for aussie living! That is awesome! I met a family from Melbourne yesterday in Santiago at a children museum...they said the same thing about not being able to predict the weather. Too fun that you are there! There were super nice! How are the people around there?

Oriah said...

That is awesome!

Cynthia said...

Wonderful! I love seeing the kids exploring in the apartment, looking at the lambs, checking out the water from the stroller, and peeking in on Henry. What a fun experience down under!!
-Mom