Despite the fact that we brought a billion suitcases with us, toys didn't quite make the short list. I had a few in my diaper bag for the plane ride but other than that we've been making do wtih plastic cups, remotes, phones, cooking utinsels, bags and a few books. There was commonly a wooden spoon, ladle or egg beater tucked away in my diaper bag for Henry.
I was in church a few weeks ago and my brave self stood up in Relief Society to make a comment and before I started I was asked, "what's with the beater??" I looked down and I was holding the egg beater that, over the past few days, had been Henry's best friend so why not lug it to church with us? Talk about embarrassing. I completely forgot what I was going to say and somehow pulled off a comment, sat down and quickly put the beater in my bag.
A kind woman came up to me after and asked I would like to borrow some toys during our stay here..."YES!" So it turns out the beater worked some magic for us - on Sunday we got a bag full of fantastic toys and I can't believe what a difference it has made in etnertaining the kids.
Duh Mackenzie.
So if someone stands up with a beater in hand at church - please offer them some toys...they will be SO grateful!
19.4.11
what a beater can get you
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

3 comments:
That is awesome! Hahaha
That is awesome that you were able to get those toys. :) I miss you!
This is such a cute story. I love toys so much. So much that when I buy them I feel like I'm actually the one getting the toy.
Post a Comment