don't let this cute face fool you - she can be quite the handful as of late. She insists on doing everything herself - change her own diaper, feed Henry, comb her hair, drive the car, push the stroller, and get herself dressed are all but a few examples we deal with on a daily, if not hourly, basis.
She dressed herself the other day and came out with this. Not so bad, all in the same color family but her pants were on backwards for a good chunk of the day.
And this is the face I get when I ask I can fix her pants.
thank heavens for Sesame Street - it entertains BOTH of them. They may have impaired sight because of this one day but I'm willing to let it slide for 30 minutes a day for my sanity :)
Henry doesn't mind her fiercely independent side...
And now a word on travelling with young children.
Someone recently told me that I make it look so easy to travel with kids. Ha! Folks, I'm here to apologize. If my blog has hinted in any way that our travels are stress-free, I am sorry! So I'm coming clean here - I never meant to hide how hard it is but sometimes if I don't write about it then I can easily forget it happened and avoid re-living all the stress that comes along with it.
It is HARD. I could stop there because my blood is starting to pump faster just thinking about it. Is it worth it? Yes. Will it cause me to look 75 when I'm 40? Probably. But you only live once, right?
I am starting to crave a boring, calm life right about now but I'm not sure that's in the cards for us.
We leave the magical place called Australia and come home in four weeks to our house in Ohio; have two weeks to pack up all our stuff and move it to Boston; get settled the best we can in our luxury, spacious on-campus apartment (ha!) for literally a couple days before we fly to Utah (separately - Spencer with Madeleine and me with Henry - we had free tickets on different airlines, it has to complicated) for the month of July where we'll have a few more vacations thrown in there, and then back to Boston in August to start our 'normal' life, whatever that is.
16.5.11
coming clean
So for those of your who are feeling a bit bogged down by the monotonous schedule and daily routine, savor it for a moment, will you? for me? Thanks.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
Niki will fit right in for that half hour each day... she LOVES Sesame Street. :) Have a great week with your mom!
That is one adorable little girl you have. And Henry is getting so big!
I know I speak for others when I say we miss you here in these parts. I'm excited to see you again in a few weeks, but sad we'll only get you for a short time after that :( Thank goodness for blogs and email, huh?
I'm glad you're having such a good time in Australia, amidst the stress. It IS totally worth it to help create great memories for and with your kiddos.
Have a super happy week! We love you:)
Thanks Oriah...I am pretty sure I can get closer to the TV! I am excited to come out to visit soon.
get here already for your "normal" life already. bennett, the children's museum, and me are WAITING FOR OUR HARDINGS!
I hear ya! A week on vacation in Utah and I want to hug my own kitchen. You'll make it!
It is hard, and I am so in the same boat as you. I wish we had a routine, 2 months in our house and still working on it. It does get better. The independence really doesn't go away for a while, but just remember that she must have a mind of her own to make it through today's world! You are doing a fantastic job and are giving them some great experiences living overseas and those are the moments we will cherish as parents.
Post a Comment