6.7.11

one.





This little boy turns one today. Although he wasn't born on the 4th of July, I still consider him my patriotic baby. Grandma Cynthia made this dapper bowtie and I couldn't imagine a cuter accessory for a cuter baby. Henry exudes joy.

As I reflect back on the last year the first phrase that comes to mind is 'on the move'.  With 3 months in Australia, Thanksgiving in UT, Christmas and Feb in NJ, Miami in Feb, and throw in a few trips and eventual move to Boston and it's clear our family was 'on the move' all year.  Henry has been a firsthand witness as Madeleine has been 'on the move' from what seems like toddler to teenager - we're all still working in that one.  Henry himself has been on the move for months.  We arrived in Australia and he was just sitting, we left and he was standing.  He is on the move on the stairs - and just learned how to go down!  Just the other day he took his first steps thanks to Grandma and Grandpa Harding.


As sad as it is to see the first year go by and his infancy vanish, I'm sure he'll continually be on the move and I'm excited to see what he and we are in for next. 

4 comments:

Katie said...

what a doll!! love the outfit. Little Henry IS such a joy and sweet little boy. Thank you for sharing him (and yourselves) with us, even if it was for a short time! Good luck in Boston! :)

Kimi said...

Happy Birthday to a fabulously adorable little boy! Fantastic pictures. We already miss you all :) Give your kiddos hugs for me! (And have fun in Hawaii!)

Camey said...

He is SO cute! Love the outfit!

Leanna said...

oh my goodness!!! he is so so so cute! love these pics! they are timeless!