Moving is so hard to do. Nevermind the packing, heavy labor, driving and eventual unpacking, but the hardest part is leaving something familar and so many great people. I feel like there are some big shoes to fill as we've just left our dear Aussie friends and now all of our Cleveland friends...no pressure Boston!
During the past two years Spencer's job had him traveling every Monday - Thursday like clockwork. With the closest family 7 hours away by car I learned so much by managing on my own for the majority of the time. I learned that friends are so underrated and that really you can be friends with anyone - they don't have to be your same age or even at the same place in life. I learned that schedules help my sanity - I always knew that Wednesday nights would be the hardest and longest so we made sure to save our fun activities for Wednesday. I learned that 17 months apart should really be said as "17 months close". I learned that if I complained life would seem harder. I had to mentally create my own reality and reassure myself that everything was just great, not hard and enjoyable. The mind is a great tool because most of the time my self-mental persuasion worked! I realize this isn't for everyone but it worked great for us.
As the Cleveland chapter of our lives comes to a close, at least for now, I can't help but sit back and on one hand be proud of myself for what we've done over the past two years as a family but on the other hand be so relieved that we get a break from that lifestyle...nd yet I feel so grateful because I know I am a better wife, mother and all around person for it.
So farewell Cleveland, you'll always be dear to us!
8.8.11
moving
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment