1. the beloved puppy - closest we'll get to a pet :)
2. laundry money as our homemade gift - props for the creativity
3. this kid is a total sports junkie even at 18 months, seriously, ALL boy
4. I made a blurb book of our blog and it's one of my most prized possesions - and has made me want to blog more (although you wouldn't know it) and has totally changed the way I format my blog :)
5. enthralled
6. tooth ball? a joke gift from spencer seeing as during our month in Utah I had thousands of dollars of dental work done, and mostly just to replace/repair poorly done work in the past. Don't get me started. We're hoping for better dental health and better dentists for 2012!
7. the keys were one of the kids' favorite gifts
8. and still has them entertained to this day which is impressive all things considered
9. running around in wings on Christmas morning
10. coveted cadbury black forrest chocolate brought back from Australia
11. princess suitcase
12. new basketball gear
And what would Christmas be without a little mustache fun?
Christmas 2011 is a wrap but was more fun than ever now that Madeleine is older and it was spent with so much family around. Madeleine came down stairs Christmas morning and nearly in tears said, "Santa didn't get me a scooter!". For weeks when people asked her what she got for Christmas she would quickly and matter of factly respond, "well...not a scooter". That was corrected in an early birthday celebration but I'll get to that post later.
Our break was bookended with horrific situations for two of my best friends. They each had different endings, different trails and different circumstances but both were nonetheless awful. You can read about one here . So much of the Christmas break I spent busy helping or simply feeling helpless. I much prefer the helping side of things but it's not always a reality from afar. Sad but true. I suppose in addition to feeling helpless I also felt so grateful for the blessings I have and more importantly the knowledge that families truly are eternal. It's a relief to know that regardless what happens I always have my faith and testimony, family and friends to see us through.
And no commentary on Christmast 2011 would be complete without at least attempting to describe Henry's new found love for bikes.
24.1.12
Christmas
All in all it was a great Christmas!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)




1 comment:
Henry is so cute!! I miss you so much!!
Post a Comment