10.2.12

on my birthday I....

  • was #40 in line at the DMV arriving just FOUR minutes after it opened
  • was serenaded by Madeleine ALL. DAY. LONG.  Particularly in public.  even today she probably sang happy birthday to me 4 times
  • weighed in at my lowest post-Henry weight - wohooo
  • received so many cards, calls, texts, emails, wall posts and love from friends and family
  • made some goals to achieve by 29
  • sent Spencer off to an important interview looking mind-blowingly handsome
  • didn't blow out candles but instead indulged in the great wall of chocolate
  • ran the stairs in our apartment building - my new gym.  it's close, warm, quick and let me tell you effective!
  • took no picutres
  • remembered how fun last birthday when some dear friends invited me and the kids over because Spencer was out of town
  • was surprised when a babysitter knocked at my door :)
  • finished a book

  • had a candlelight dinner with my love
  • thought how grateful I am for my life.  All those moments as a 14, 15, 16 year old where I just wanted a glimpse of what my life would be like - I wouldn't have believed how good my life would be.  Seriously, I would have been blown away by what was in store. Hope the adventures continue
  • believed that 28 is going to be great

2 comments:

Kimi said...

I'm so glad you had a happy birthday :) I was thinking of you. LOVE YOU!

collidingstars said...

belated happy birthday mack! and it sure sounded like it was! i liked how you said that looking back to all your 14/15/16 year old musings of what life might be like now - exceeded your expectations. i love that! hope life continues to exceed your expectations year in and year out...