21.4.12

they're super

The mail system here is pretty crazy.  We have a tiny box in the lobby where envelopes comes.  Packages are another story.  Some packages are left at your door, others left in a pile in the lobby and others are left at the post office on campus and you get a yellow slip to pick them up.  And the best part is that it's all random, it's not based on size or carrier, just whatever makes it to the lobby or better yet the door that day.

Each day the kids like to riffle through the packages in lobby and see what's there.  Henry looks for ones that he can carry around or throw, Madeleine likes to identify the letters and numbers on packages and I like to look for the ones, well, for me.  They're few a far between.  However, yesterday I spotted a see's chocolate package sitting there for my friend...so tempting!  Hint for the kin reading.

The other day we got a yellow slip!  I was thrilled to have another activity - a walk to the post office to see our favorite postman (does this sound like Sesame Street or what?) is an exciting thing for us.  However, we weren't prepared for the awesomeness that awaited us. 

capes. super hero capes.  made with love by our besties down under.  xoxo

best yellow slip ever!



Thank you Andrews!  We're lucky to have super friends!

4 comments:

Kyle said...

Love the capes! Glad we can have super help from across the sea!

Kyle said...

Oops! That was from Jess x

Wendy said...

These two are so cute!! I can't wait to see them this summer!

Janae said...

I think I need a cape for me. Maybe it will make me jump on the bed and get some exercise. Adorable!