it was a last-minute heavenly trip.
family + lacrosse = happy mackenzie
it was the WCLA National Tournament and THREE of Spencer's sisters were coaching teams that were invited (BYU, Utah, Westminster). Wanting to re-live my glory days and needing a quick vacation, I took the kids and left Spencer to deal with finals :)
The trip had about 100 possible chaos moments; cross-country flight; me with stroller, luggage, two car seats, oh and two kids walking through the airport to get to our car rental; sharing a hotel room; dealing with time changes; the insane weather swings - 80+ and sunny one day while 40, windy and cloudy the next; road trips between Denver and Colorado Springs, and let's not forget the biggest one...me doing it alone.
Amazingly the trip went off without a hitch. Seriously, not one of those 100 moments went wrong and that's mostly attributed to the fact that I wasn't really doing it alone. My kids had so much fun seeing grandparents, aunts, uncles, and cousins that they were on cloud nine the whole trip. Not much makes me happier. Combine happy kids, surrounded by family and the sport of lacrosse and you get a magical trip - and no Mickey ears needed!!!
Madeleine and Henry learned that lacrosse is in their blood - and hopefully they will never forget it. I'd be one happy soccer mom if I could watch my kids play the sport I love. I suppose that would make me a lacrosse mom. And no, I won't force them to play - just a good nudge.
as for the photo representation - you have two options: instagram first and real camera second. Enjoy.


26.5.12
Denver
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment