13.5.12

instagram vignettes

Grocery shopping is comparable to laundry.  Enough said.  If you don't know what I'm talking about, scroll down and find the laundry post.  Sometimes the stroller doesn't cut it so I check out a moving cart from the management office to do the trick.  The kids love to ride on it when I'm done and it's actually made to carry 6 gallons of milk and $200 of groceries unlike my poor stroller. 


Mothering skills start young!  She loves this trick. It's unclear if she wants to have a baby in her tummy or if she's trying to carry a baby bjorn style but bottom line is there are tons of babies around (real ones) and Madeleine can't get enough.


Chocolate. So many parties lately and somehow she always finds her way to the chocolate.


Swinging with one of her best buds Zoe Manning.

White trash M.  Heat, popsicles and white shirts just don't go together.

Double decker - loving these new carts!

Getting ready for church with his new oh-so-loved bike tie

proof and a reminder for myself that sometimes they do play well together! 


making fancy treats for for fancy parties - 2nd year send-off, charity auction, end of year crimson kids party.  so so so fun! 


my matchy-matchy duo

more fancy parties - this time the annual Ms. HBS Pageant...more on that in another post

almost done with the first year!  Baker library at night

one time during our morning outing in a group of bushes the kids now call their 'fort', we found a flock (??) of butterflies.  M and H had fun chasing them and it was a little nudge or reminder that warm weather is on its way!


SA sports.  All the students are broken up into sections (A-J) and besides being in all the same classes throughout their first year, the sections also get to compete in a variety of sports.  Spencer is in Section I and we are the Tigers - "I" of the tiger.

I played on the co-ed soccer team (they simply needed more girls) and the womens basketball team (laugh it up, I did too) and Spencer played on the mens basketball team and competed in the section olympics in corn hole (amazing game).  Every time Spencer or I put on the alarming orange section shirt the kids would immediately ask to go watch.  They became the team mascots and frankly our biggest fans.  When I was playing soccer I would hear, "go mommy! I love you mom! go mommy!" All of the sudden me being absolutely terrible didn't really matter.  The kids would watch with Spencer or me from the track above and it was the highlight of their day. 

Go I !!!! 

 Our basketball team won the first-year tournament!

competing, ferociously competing, in corn hole for the section olympics (which we won!)

We've been obsessing over red peppers lately. Even Henry eats them - and that boy hardly eats anything! We could easily go through a pepper a meal but we try to ration to a pepper a day. Who knows, maybe we'll be carrying around spinach leaves for snacks. I wish, but peppers are at least a step in the right direction.




3 comments:

t.t.turner said...

Cornhole is an amazing game - my sister had it at her wedding a few weeks ago, and we were hooked. You are so gorgeous, Mackenzie!

collidingstars said...

wow! from slow posts to more posts! good one mack! great to see you are still up to all your mothering antics...

Liza said...

everytime i see pictures on here the kids are so much older! the first picture of M looks like a picture mom has of you on the swing in brooklyn!