24.12.12

Christmas Sunday top 10


My kids have a talking gene.  They start talking extremely early, skip the baby talk and head right for full sentences, and once they start they can't stop.  I seriously thought Henry was going to have speech problems because Madeleine was so verbal, but not the case.  We've usually got one going at a time, and they take turns.  Sunday, especially during church, is no exception - one of them ALWAYS has the chatty bug going.

Yesterday it was Henry.  We were in Spencer's parents ward and came early to listen to a bells ensemble play prelude music.  The meeting didn't go long and there were several musical numbers, but somehow Henry was on one and couldn't quite remember how to whisper.  

So here are Henry's (2.5 years old) top 10 phrases from sacrament meeting yesterday....
(said for most within at least a 5 row radius to hear, and many said repeatedly)


10. "this is taking foreverrrrrrrrrrrr!" (reference to the sacrament)\


9. "I want to go home, take me home"

8. "I don't want to go to nursery!"

7. "I just love him soooooo much" (talking about a baby a few rows back)

6. "this is WAY too loud" (when the piano and organ played during the closing hymn)

5. "STOP THE BELLS!" (not a fan of the prelude music)

4. "I want to crash all the bells!"

3. "Peanut butter, I just want peanut butter"

2. "here comes a tiger, quick, hide!"

1. "I'm gonna do a backflip"




And despite providing entertainment for all of our neighbors, sacrament was considered a success because my tiger-fearing, bells-hating, back-flipping, nursery-protesting, peanut butter-loving son didn't even need to be taken out.  Or did he?  His dapper bow tie saved him :) 




No comments: