Writing these posts, after the fact, makes me so sad now that we've moved! Seems like the past two years were a complete dream.
Ahhh the Ms. HBS Pageant. A decade + long tradition among the spouses and tradition doesn't fail. This is one of the best, most fun nights of the year. So much creativity and fun in this night. After going as Ms. Real Houswives of HBS last year, I toned it down and went as Ms. Dr. Lichter this year.
Dr. Lichter is the OBGYN that 90% of those expecting go to. Without fail. My sash included pictures of those in the past year who had seen him or who are seeing him (since this night, 3 more people have come forward). I borrowed scrubs from friends and surprising squeezed into them, Dr. Lichters office outfitted me with supplies and off I went speaking in my Boston accent arguing that HBS would be a better place if they offered office space to this renowned OBGYN to promote Crimson Kids and the HBS class of 2041. And you know what? I won most creative. Bam.
All jokes aside, he was an amazing doctor! I've had 5 OBs and he's hands down the best in the biz from my experience thus far - not to mention according to a bunch of official doctor magazines as well. He had a small office - which made for some funny, uncomfortable encounters with friends. Once spotted in the office, consider the word to be out! The secretary Sue and nurse Tracy knew me and my kids by name. Dr. Lichter took my concerns seriously while at the same time completely respecting my opinion based on prior experience. I always looked forward to doctors appointments.
Dr. Lichter didn't end up delivering me, but I did go in and say hi, bye, and thank you to the office the day before we left Boston. Who visits their doctors office? I did. They were that good.

No comments:
Post a Comment