We welcomed October by going to our local apple/raspberry/pumpkin farm. There really are perks to living on the edge of suburbia. Cornfields are your neighbors and its beautiful.
The day was lovely. Lovely. That's a word that should be used more often. It wasn't awesome as nothing ground breaking or once in a lifetime experience. It wasn't perfect - unless you want to overlook the triple meltdown at the end. It was great because that's just too mundane. It was lovely. Calm, beautiful and definitely enjoyable. Friends make everything better. Lovely, it just was.
We went with two families from the ward who moved in within weeks of when we did. I couldn't have asked for better friends - I completely hit the jackpot and it's such a blessing. We all have 3 kids, all within a year of each other.
How many apples did we come home with? None. Raspberries? None. Pumpkins? None. Too much else going on. We did however come home with fresh apple donuts. Priorities people!
Welcome October - please stay this pleasant!












1 comment:
I cannot believe he is three already! I remember when he turned one!
Local friends are great! Glad you found some good ones!
Post a Comment