Sunday we went to church in Evry where I served the majority of my mission! It was so great to see people and actually be able to remember their names. Spencer and I were even announced and publically welcomed over the pulpit in sacrament meeting!
I was most excited to see Florence, a woman who I taught and was baptized. She has since been through the temple and it getting married at the end of the summer to another member of the ward. After church we had 4 lunch invites but only worked out two of the four. We first went to Florence’s apartment and had just about everything I don’t like…raw salmon and crab salad (yes, I gagged several times) and lobster – full body, cooked with the burned eyeballs and all! Amazingly I choked everything down. After, we went to la famille Piel-Derousseaux to eat yet another meal. This time it wasn’t so bad, just scallops with shells! Did I ever mention I DON’T like seafood? Sorry I didn’t take pictures! Wow, that was a lot in one day.
Despite the food, seeing those people meant so much to me. Even though I wasn’t in France for very long, I still had an impressionable experience and made lifelong friends.
2 comments:
Is Florence blind? She might need glasses if she isn't.
Hey at least you didn't have to have any gluten... they were all just looking out for you!
Post a Comment