A word about my husband. For those of you who know Spencer, you know that he is funny, smart, tall, witty, determined and so on. However, what you may not know is that he LOVES to save money! The words frugal and Spencer are pretty much synonymous. He lived up to his name again this morning by waking up at 5:45 to go wait in line at Roberts (a craft store) because the first 50 customers today received a $25 gift card. Couple that gift card with a 50% off coupon and we have some CHEAP customized frames for some amazing artwork Spencer brought back from Mongolia. He managed to convince his brother Alex to go with him (hey, in his mind it's being paid $25 an hour for standing around) which was fortunate because had Alex not come I am pretty sure Spencer would have been the ONLY guy in line! They got there at 6:30 and were already numbers 30 and 31 - with 90 minutes to go until opening. So if you needed something to smile about today, just picture Spencer waiting in line at Roberts at 6:30 among MANY crafty moms.
15.5.09
I got a good one!
Truth be told, I was the one who found the coupons and casually mentioned to him that he could wait in line. I treasure my sleep far too much these days to have gone myself. I didn't actually think he would go! Thanks Sweetie - the pictures are going to look great!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Haha! That sounds like something my dad would do.
You sure did get a good one! That story made my day! Go Spencer!
That is hilarious! Good deal!
That is such a hilarious story. Way to be the only man!! number 51 hated him!
Post a Comment