Friday night Spencer came home from work and we went out to dinner. It wasn't until we came home and I was started to get Maddie ready for bed that we realized the following day was when my sister was going to go through the temple for the first time in Manhattan. We, combined, had a brain blip- woops! So we packed the car and headed to NJ. That's right, we're crazy like that (not really, this is totally not like us!). We arrived at my parents at 5:30am and left for the temple at 8:30am. What a night. My sweet husband, after a long day at work drove the majority of the way through thick fog and into the wee hours of the morning. What a guy! I love you sweets, thanks for getting us there safely!
Walking the streets of New York on our way to the temple.
Oh and apparently I thought it was Halloween - I didn't realize my color combo until later that afternoon. That's how tired I was.
As Abby was already booked to babysit, I called the great Cynthia Barlow who spent the morning with Madeleine and introducing her to Central Park, Farmers Markets and the sights and sounds of the Big Apple.

2 comments:
what a great story and that's awesome and definitely...just like you. hope all the unpacking is going well.
love you
wow, good thing you remembered when you did. I hope it was a great experience!
Post a Comment