27.7.09

Help!

Calling all expert photo editors...I need your secrets! As I am trying to somewhat decorate our new place in Ohio, I am looking through some wedding pictures that were touched up by our photographer. HOW do you get this 'shadow border/frame' (see examples below) that looks so great with black and white photos? I use picasa and photoshop -- any and all comments...please!!!


Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Carly said...

Hey Mackenzie, it's Carly, Trish's sister I am not sure about the other program but in photo shop it's actually pretty easy. If you look at the main tool bar you will see either a little hand making a hole shape or a thing that almost looks like a lollipop (that's the best description I can think of!) If it is the lollipop shape, change it to the hand by clicking and holding down until the other option shows up. Once you have that, the burn tool, you can darken the edges. All you have to do is use the [ and ] keys to make your brush larger or smaller and go around the edges.

I hope that makes sense!! If it doesn't let me know and I will do my best to help!