11.10.09

catching up

We recently returned from a fun fall trip to Utah. Unfortunately I didn't whip out my camera until the second portion of the trip because we were just so busy have fun with family and friends.

Spencer was able to come in for the weekend from Toronto and enjoy watching General Conference with us. I absolutely loved General Conference and the gentle goading to be a better wife, mother and overall person; overwhelming reminders of the love of God that surrounds us if we just look (Henry B. Eyring, Dallin H. Oaks, and Dieter F. Uchtdorf); and the confirming counsel that families lead to happiness and can be eternal.

We did get to see the progress being made on Niki's new house. We're excited to see the finished product at Christmas.



This picture is a sad attempt to show that Madeleine is now crawling all over the place. If the height is right, she is pulling up and standing on her own. Given the option, she prefers to stand whenever possible. During our visit it was FREEZING, hence the hats in all the pictures. We did our best to stay warm.



We had a Clark family dinner to say goodbye to my grandparents who are leaving for yet another mission. After serving as senior missionaries in Mongolia for a year and then being called as mission presidents in Mongolia for another 3, followed by a 2 year mission in Tonga and then most recently a 2 year mission at the Manhattan temple, they are returning to Manhattan for another 2 year temple mission. Despite the run-on sentence, they are truly an inspiration and a great example of service. We're excited to be able to visit them in Manhattan for Thanksgiving.

the whole Clark dinner crew - excuse Madeleine's promiscuity
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Frances said...

It was so fun to see you and Madeleine. I hope we can spend more time with you next time you are here.

Lauren said...

Ahhh, Looks like fun, maybe I will have to head out to NY again since I missed the farewell dinner. I'll take any excuse.