20.11.09

what to blog about...

We haven't had too much to blog about recently; however, due to some family pressure to keep up frequent blog posts...here goes nothing.  Feel free to skim but don't skip the last one - I need your input.

Items of business

1.  I had a serious "I'm such a bad mom" moment this when I saw Madeleine chewing on something.  I went to get it out of her mouth and it was a LADYBUG!!!  So disgusting, seriously.  A few moments after I pulled it out I put in her pacifier to be a cork preventing future potential bug 'mishaps' when I saw her immediately spit it out.  Turns out I had only pulled out the shell of the ladybug, not the head!  Suffice it to say the same thing happened the following day.  I better rethink future Halloween costumes - it seems this year's was too influential.


2.  A personal shout out to Snow White.

Another humbling realization this week came as I was in our local Wal Mart.  Not the nicest of Wal Marts but it has undergone a recent renovation which included all new shopping carts so now we're a fan.  Funny how our shopping preferences are dictated by stupid little things like that.

I went in to get new foundation.  I have been using the same foundation for years now - same brand and color.  I went to the aisle and made my typical purchase.  The next day I cracked it open in hopes that using a new bottle would somehow radically transform my face.  --I know, it's that 'newness concept' like how you feel so great with new socks on -- Well, it turns out I was right...in a completely unexpected way.

Apparently the L'Oreal has recently revamped their colors and went a little overboard with the orange in the foundation.  I seriously looked like I had abused self-tanner on my face.  Not good.  I was running out the door and didn't really have other options so I put some serious bronzer on my neck and went out for the day.  No comments, but I swear I got some looks.

I went back the next day to get a different shade and ended up with the lightest shade they offer.  How is this possible?  Now I've never seen myself as having a dark complexion but the lightest L'Oreal shade offered - really??!!?? 

So turns out the mirror was right when it said that I was the fairest of them all!!!  Take that.  Bring on the beauty of porcelain.



3.  I need some input.  I put a little anonymous poll on the side to see what you blog viewers would like to see on this website.  I am totally a fan of picture blogs and typically just scan the writing and look at the pictures.  However, when I don't have pictures to post I am forced to seek out other options.  So, if you would, take a second and let me know what you would like to see.

For example, this is not a typical post - far more text than usual.  Do you like this?  Rather just have cute pictures of the one in the family who really matters - Madeleine?

**I realize this poll may be skewed as those who just look at pictures won't even read this part and miss the point entirely.  Oh well.

4.  There's more to come...look forward to my insightful thoughts on Thanksgiving in the next post.  Let's just say it's not exactly my favorite holiday and I wish we could just have ham.

5 comments:

Unknown said...

I like a mixture of both pictures and text. Too much text is not fun though. It is fun to read stories or fun things that happen though (with pictures added, of course). This blog = good blog, in my opinion.

Abigail Clark said...

4: YUMMY YUMMY TURKEY! MMMMMMMM!!! Oh the memories.

Cynthia said...

If the votes had been identifiable as to who voted which way I would have said that this was the first time I'd looked at your blog!
But yes, I love the pictures and the text! BUT I have been a bit dismayed lately when words have been misspeled or a word is left out the sentence. Don't you have a master's degree in something?
Love you! -Mom

Anonymous said...

Hey Kenz,
Your blog is awesome. Just have fun with it. Some stories are just too good and must be shared. I loved the ladybug story! Anybody that wants to skip over text will regardless if it's there or not. So for those that like the text, add it. Hope all is going well!

The Rusts said...

I have to get the lightest shade of foundation now too. I have not seen the sun in a while apparently. I love hearing stories about you guys. Pictures are awesome as well. It's funny how when you have kids that's all that you have pictures of :)