I guess when I get these bursts of blogging energy I shouldn't announce it because as evident inconsistency is clearly a huge blogging problem for me. And so it goes.
We had a great Thanksgiving with my grandparents in NYC (sorry no pictures). To my absolute delight there was ham on the table as well as turkey. What a successful Thanksgiving - I didn't even have to eat turkey!
Ever since I was little I have loved ham and cheese sandwiches. It started as ONLY ham and cheese and bread. Slowly my taste buds have matured and things have been added to my sandwich such as lettuce, tomato, and some sort of sauce. My love for ham has remained constant and thankfully there have been no jarring incidents with the protein as there's been with turkey.
Go back to Thanksgiving 1998. We had Thanksgiving dinner and then immediately drove down to DC to the temple. We were all asleep in the hotel room when Elizabeth came and woke me up saying 'I don't feel well..." (my parents were at the temple). She made her way to the bathroom and well, there's no classy way to say it, started throwing up. A few minutes later I couldn't help myself and joiner her in the bathroom. Only a few minutes after that Abby woke up and peeped her blonde head around the corner with tears in her eyes and slowly said, "Kenzie... I don't feel good." She barely got the words out before she joined the bathroom party. Good times, okay not really. Memorable times.
Turns out we all had food poisoning from an undercooked turkey. Can you blame me for turning my back on a protein that so violently betrayed me??? Thank you ham, I will always love you.
I do have pictures of our trip but the camera is in Maddie's room and she's sleeping. So pictures to come, eventually. Stay tuned for posts about our trip to the zoo where M made a special connection with the black bears...
1.12.09
don't hold your breath...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I'm very excited to hear about the zoo.
I never heard that story....
Post a Comment