Because we are heading out to Utah next week we haven't really gone 'over the top' on our Christmas decorations. In fact, besides the advent calendar, our decorations all fit on our table. How cute.
This came from my mom and good thing! I've been eating the candy like crazy and secretly switching the candy canes around so I can get the good stuff first.
Our beautiful tree. Yes it's about 12" high. Spencer's company had a Children's Holiday Party and the kids were able to decorate their own trees. Yes, I sat with the kids at the table and elbowed my way to get matching decorations. Quite the sight. I'm sure Madeleine would approve but for now her mom is going to have to make her crafts for her.

Lastly this is our sad gingerbread house. Don't be fooled, it's full of character! The box is so decieving and it is defniately impossible to replicate their demo. For being a pre-made, pre-cut, and all-inclusive gingerbread house (that's how we roll these days) it was certianly time consuming to attempt to recreate the picture. Now I know, don't let your expectations get too high with these things. Seriously, we really did try!
So while we passed on a tree with lights this year and kept all of our Christmas stuff packed away in the closet, I'm sure we'll be able to enjoy the festivities in Utah. We're looking forward to spending time with family and friends, playing in the snow, and seeing if Madeleine can keep her hands off the wrapped presents. So far she has torn open 100% of the gifts I've wrapped.

2 comments:
The gingerbread house looks fine until you see it next to the demo. I agree, A for effort!
Hi Hardings,
I finally looked at your blog again. How cute Madeleine is. I love your decorations. Have fun in Utah.
Post a Comment