25.1.10

traditions





When I was little I used to carry around a little baggie of nutmeg - the real kind that hadn't been powdered yet. I have no idea why, but I was seriously attached to it (or so the story goes).

Lately Madeleine has exhibited some of these same affinities. She loves the cinnamon! I've offered to trade her and substitute other spices seeing if it was just the container, but this girl saw right through it. She takes the cinnamon around and plays with it by putting it up on a high shelf and then getting it. Our cinnamon has had many new homes over the past 24 hours...the garbage can, bookshelf, high chair, inside shoes, cupboards, and so on. Thanks little one for carrying on the tradition!

In other news we went to the doctor today and here are her stats:
  • 20lbs 11oz (50th percentile - a jump! She has been on the 20/25th trend since birth)
  • 30 in. (75th percentile - another jump from 50th)
  • head was 75th - can't remember the actual measurements

She got two shots today and will apparently miss the right of passage being taken around by her mom to every child's house who has the chicken pox just to 'get it over with'. Or so it was with me. I guess I don't mind giving up this parental responsibility.

We're also struggling to make the not-so-fun transition from bottles to sippie cups. She'll take ANYTHING from a sippie cup EXCEPT milk - she's a fiesty one!

Birthday posts are still on the way

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Oriah said...

Way to go Maddie!

Frances said...

Claire likes to carry around the cumin. Go figure.

EmmaTheJane said...

Unfortunately, Harrison will only drink milk out of a certain type of sippee as well. PUt it in any other cup and he refuses. Good luck.