20.3.10

why not

Ohio is the land of plenty.  Baby sections of stores are always robust with inventory and clearance racks are easily found.  This is quite the contrast to my baby shopping experiences in Utah.  Take Baby Gap for example; hands down my favorite baby clothes however the price tag doesn't always justify a purchase.  That is, until you come to our neck of the woods.  In Utah the first mark down meant the store would be sold out in a matter of hours.  Ohio, you can always see multiple sale tags and be comforted that you are purchasing the item on its 4th mark down.

If you have the self discipline to walk out of the store empty handed and wait for the sales (a skill I have developed), they will come, and come big time.  Lately Madeleine and I have been shopping for the little guy on his way and we have found some AMAZING deals.  It is a serious adrenaline rush to feel like you 'beat the system' by finding say a fleece jacket for $2.97, pants and sleepers for $1, plaid overalls for $3.99, a snowsuit/bunting outfit for $5 and so on.  And no, these are not from garage sales, they are NEW.  Don't you love the smell of new things?

I realize my time for perusing the sales is waning quickly as we anticipate #2 but in the meantime M and I have been having lots of fun being out and about and attempting to keep our spirits high until Old Man Winter leaves for good!

The real reason for this post (I suppose the rest was just background) was to admit to the world that both Madeleine and I are now (somewhat) proud owners of skinny jeans!  Both pairs were 75% off at Target so I figured why not.  With maternity tunics and babydoll shirts in style I figured during pregnancy would be about the only time I would have a chance to pull off the look.  So we're going to give it a try.  Madeleine on the other hand looks amazing in them and totally in style.  Not sure that's exactly needed with a 14 month old, but hey, 75% off...why not???!!

 

6 comments:

t.t.turner said...

Wow! Lucky! The first time I tried skinny jeans was when I found a pair at Old Navy (in IDAHO) for $7. The cost justified trying them out.

Loni said...

I didn't know you were prego!!! How did I miss that! Wow, congrats.

Oriah said...

I feel like we need to see a picture of Maddie in her skinny jeans!

Lauren said...

I love it and agree that we need a picture of M in her sweet jeans!

laura said...

Man, I love Target (and love a good sale even more). And congrats on #2!

EmmaTheJane said...

wait... skinny jeans and pregnancy...do those two things go in the same sentence?