8.5.10

dollar movies

One thing I really miss about Utah is the dollar movies.  An iconic part of BYU life without a doubt.  Not that I would be frequenting the movies with a rambunctious toddler, but the other day we were magically able to bring the dollar movies to Ohio with a slight twist...

On Friday we had a little time to kill so M and I went to the movies...at Target. We shared a popcorn and soda, (a weekly $1 special - M had water, don't freak out folks) parked ourselves at a table by the front windows, and went people-watching for a good hour. Madeleine managed to get about half of the people's attention by waving at them through the window and SCREAMING "bye-bye". The screaming didn't help, but it was sure funny to watch and those already inside of Target enjoyed it as well.

It's fun when a simple errand can spontaneously turn into memorable mommy/daughter time - I love all the special little outings M and I get to enjoy together these days. Little does she know in two short months her whole world will be turned upside down when our little stud man arrives...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

So fun!
It would also be fun if you would just move back to Utah and we can go to the dollar movies for real! Just a thought!
MISS YOU!!!

Marie HMJ said...

The ergo is fantastic. LOVE it. I got it bc the bjorn killed my back w SA. its worlds better. C still rides it on hikes too. and its a backpack too. totally durable. Washable. we have the insert and used it w C, but with the twins have learned a baby blanket works better. and then when you offload your sleeping child, they are already swaddled and ready for the rest of the nap. Hate to sound like a hippie, esp with Jed at Cal, but seriously, we love the ergo. I like slings too, but this is great.