4.5.10

swim class



Ever since Madeleine was born I have always wanted to do a mommy/daughter swim class.  I FINALLY found one that worked and we immediately signed up.  She loves chasing the duck around the lazy river and jumping off the edge.

Other than that she tends to get a bit frustrated with the structure of the class and lack of freedom.  If she had it her way she would be jumping off the deck the whole time.   Last week we hit the 'dunk-your-baby' milestone (I know, it sounds cruel but I was really excited).  I thought for sure she would love it and well, I was wrong.  She was absolutely terrified.  She gets the same look of absolute fear on her face when I dump a cup of water on her head in the bathtub.  Talk about digression!  We're working on it.

I also love swim lessons because it gives me SUCH a workout!  All the other moms are just floating along, singing the songs as though nothing phases them.  Meanwhile, I'm constantly trying to just keep up.  Thank goodness for the current in the lazy river.  Not sure swim class with an active toddler is the best when 7/8 months pregnant but we're getting the most out of it!

2 comments:

Frances said...

I think it is a perfect time to take swim lessons, this is the point in your pregnancy when you start to slow down and physical activity becomes less important. Keep it up and your recovery will be quicker and easier.

mason and ashley schmutz said...

that looks like it's so much fun! Doesn't it feel so good to be in the water when prego? LOVE YOU!