Spencer's dad came into town for a few days and it was so fun to spend time with him! Madeleine loved the attention and entertainment with "Mangpa" as she called him. I diligently brought my camera with us during our outings only to realize I had left the card in the computer...so this visit was documented thanks to a blackberry. Thank goodness for camera phones, otherwise we would have missed Madeleine interacting with her new slithering friend...

We went to a local nature center and lucky for us they had a snake out for the kids to touch. Madeleine immediately run up to it and with absolutely no fear TOUCHED it, tried to KISS it, let it LICK her fingers, and as you can see by the picture enjoyed the interaction from start to finish. She set the fearless example for the other gathered kids.
I wouldn't go within 5 feet of the thing.

We also went to the beach and Madeleine enjoyed exploring the rocks and different terrains.
Thanks for coming to visit Mangpa!
I have no idea why the girl who can say 'blueberry' and 'yellow' can't muster out anything close to 'grandpa' but we all had a good laugh every time she said Mangpa.

1 comment:
Cute, cute, cute. I love little kid pronunciation of things. It makes me wonder what they hear when we say something! Brinkley can say "contraption" and "quartet", but pronounces "music" as "mukesit". Go figure :)
Post a Comment