8 new posts in just a few days, you've got to be kidding me! That's what I call blogging progress...blogress! The weekend really did deserve 8 posts, it was just that great.
In other news my doctor scheduled my induction for July 6 so at this point we're just counting down the days. Why I'm I being induced you ask? Well, with M I was induced and the experience was absolutely heavenly. Apparently my body reacts really well, and quickly to pitocin. (I never really wrote about M's birth so for those interested, here you go...)
I checked in a 6am, and started on pitocin immediately - around 9am and at 6 cm (still pain free) the doctor broke my water and suggested getting the epidural sooner rather than later. I honestly think the epidural was the most painful part of the whole process, but it worked like a charm!
Around 11am I was 10cm and ready to go. Unfortunately the doctor was doing an emergency c-section on someone else so we just waited and waited. Luckily we brought a couple seasons of a vintage TV thriller, Alias and burned through numerous episodes (still pain free) while waiting for the doctor. The nurses would come in every 15 min or so, reminding me emphatically not to push just to make sure nothing happened before the doctor came.
Finally at 3pm (still pain free) - you can imagine how many episodes we watched - the doctor came. As he was getting everything ready he was explaining to me how I was going to need to push. Spencer was calmly sitting on the couch about 10 feet away in his Alias-watching position. Before the doctor had finished explaining everything the nurse there announced, "the baby's here!!!" and that was that, M made her appearance. Spencer jumped off the couch, fumbled for the camera and the rest is history - we haven't stopped taking pictures since (obviously).
So, with that being said, the bar is set pretty darn high for this delivery. The first time I was scared because of the unknown. This time I am scared because I just can't fathom it being as easy and blissful as it was the first time. Who knows, maybe luck will be on my side again!
16.6.10
blogress and a flashback
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Hi Mackenzie--Exciting to hear you have a date! Hang in there these last few weeks! Great pictures, by the way!
Post a Comment