24.7.10

18 months

dear henry,

I'm sorry I'm neglecting you on this blog. you're so cute, cuddly and peaceful but frankly, not as exciting/needy as your big sister has been over the past few days. don't worry, your time to shine will come. just wait until people see your birth announcement...they'll drool over your cuteness. next post is all you buddy, I promise. in the meantime, the swaddle shot will have to do.

xoxo,
mommy


he's a sucker for the swaddle. good thing because I need every spare moment to keep up with crazy M, the new ballerina...


I found her up in her room this morning going through boxes of clothes and the little fashion diva found her new best friend...a pink tutu. sneaky little thing. she refused to take it off and get dressed (I'm seeing the dress up battle going on for years to come!) so I caved, pajamas it was, for all three of us. she kept it on for hours this morning and all I could do was follow her around with henry in one arm and the camera in the other trying to capture the magic that a tutu seems to bring.


a shiner and a tutu. Madeleine at 18 months.

yesterday morning she and I were sharing a bowl of cereal just as any other morning. in between bites she plays around until the draw of frosted mini wheats takes over and she comes back for another bite. yesterday morning, with a mouth full of cereal, she slipped on a puzzle board and smacked her face on the coffee table. you know the sound - the one that lets you know this one is going to hurt, yeah, I heard that one. the uncontrollable, can't-catch-your-breath-crying ensued and as I was trying to calm her down she choked on the cereal in her mouth and well, thew up.

right then and there - EVERYTHING that was in her stomach ended up all over me. while I caught what I could in my hands trying not to get any on the couch, my clothes and hair caught the rest. Yup, one of those memorable motherhood moments that let me know I'm legit. She squeaked out the words, "hurt, hurt" and then it happened again. awesome. at this point I remember that sound I heard when she hit her head and start looking at her face and notice her bloody tears coming from one eye. double awesome. fortunately the bleeding wasn't that bad but a nice swollen eye left its mark. once we got ourselves cleaned up it was back to normal as if nothing happened, whew! needless to say, we did lots of laundry and bathing that morning.

Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow, shiner and a tutu, that's your girl! :) She is so adorable, and I think the breakfast scenario definitely wins you legit Mom status. I suppose having two of the most adorable children 1.5 years apart gets you some points as well...

Janae said...

very cute, shiner and all and the mommie memories....... you will look back with fondness.... I promise.

Marie HMJ said...

ADORABLE!!! and I love the name too! Great job M and S!!! What a beautiful family you have!!!