Isn’t it strange that clocks reset at 12 yet the spoken time is in ‘military time’ as we would call it? I had to go buy a watch today. I carry around Spencer’s US phone (he has an Australian phone) in case of an emergency but other than that we only have an apartment phone so I can’t ever check the time. We don’t have a car (yet, should by the end of the week) so the only clock I see is the microwave in our apartment. I feel so disconnected to the world - it’s kind of refreshing.
Life goes a bit slower and I guess that’s about normal down here. Spencer and I were noticing how slowly the reporters speak on the news. It’s actually pretty calming and doesn’t make the disaster in Japan, uprising in Libya/Bahrain/Yemen etc., recent flooding here and local crimes seem that bad.
Did you know that all the kid shows on TV have these young, spunky, cute female hosts that seem to always wear belly shirts?? Okay, maybe it’s not that extreme, but when they move their arms you can see a good chunk of their stomach – Madeleine pointed it out to me. Interesting how observant they can be… We were playing around at the waterfront today (a daily excursion) and planted ourselves on a lawn. I told Madeleine that if she let me take her picture then she could look at them after. She ran out to the middle, threw her arms up and said “belly button just like Trudie!” Thanks Trudie.
They actually flatten the grass on this public area? We saw them using a big rolling machine, the kind they would use to smooth out asphalt on a newly paved road. I don’t mind it really – makes it more stroller friendly. But it’s strange use of manpower if you ask me. This is how we feel about jet lag…
17.3.11
the lawn
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

2 comments:
Oh, man. Maddie is so cute. She picks up on so much. And I love the last picture. I feel the same way. :)
Was Maddie watching Hi-5? You'll notice that all Australian-produced shows for kids feature adults (Wiggles, Hi-5, the Upside Down show, Playschool). Strange phenomenon.
I'm so glad you're liking it down there.
BTW, as a baby Simon had the same blue Malibu shirt from Target. It became his going-to-the-pool shirt.
Post a Comment