(we live right by the bay - see next post)
I still can’t believe we’re here. It was quite the week leading up to our move.
We found out on Saturday morning we were leaving. Sunday we said bye to everyone at church, Monday we made a day trip to Detroit to get our passports, Tuesday we were homebound with what I thought was just a bad cold for Madeleine, Wednesday Madeleine was diagnosed with bronchitis – narrowly escaping a visit to the hospital, Thursday Spencer got home and helped finish packing, Friday morning we were back at the doctor and Henry was given antibiotics for a milder case of M’s bronchitis, Friday evening we were on a plane and that was that.The one and only picture I took during the week sums it up well:
all this and we were still missing a bag! (it came yesterday - whew!)
Besides waking up at 3:30am the past few days, the kids are taking things in stride and have resumed life as normal…
Monday was Labor Day in Victoria so Spencer didn’t have to work so we ventured out to discover our surroundings. To say that we were pleasantly surprised would be an understatement. We’re about a half block from the water with walking trails, playgrounds and about 10 minutes down the path is the center of town with a big waterfront area and shopping center. (see next post for pictures)

15.3.11
down by the bay...where the watermelons grow...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Nice job packing! I am very impressed. You are in a beautiful place!
oh no! poor henry! I thought that when we talked, on Thursday, that he was clear...good thing you got him the meds!
Can I just say how beautiful the pictures are? Lucky girl! ;)
Post a Comment