30.5.11

all in a day's work

By the time we were back in the car leaving Melbourne it was around 1 in the afternoon. Surprisingly Jerusha and Niki were still awake and going strong - I'm sure the kids helped - so we decided to make a day out of it, and I mean a serious day. Embracing the rare sunshine, we passed our house/hotel/apartment and continued on to the Great Ocean Road stopping at Bells Beach for a quick dip, Aires Inlet Lighthouse for the views, and Erskine Falls for the views. My mom and I discovered the falls and I'm a bit obsessed - it's close, a doable hike for a toddler (maybe 30 steps), a scenic drive to get there, and best of all when you get out in the car park this rainforest smell practically knocks you over, I wish I could bottle it up and bring it home. Seriously, it's amazing.

We got home after dark and nearly passed out when we walked in the door... we ALL slept well, except for Henry of course :) When we got home we jokingly said that we did in a day what people do in weeks - we're 'quick' tourists I guess but that doesn't mean we don't appreciate it! That's what the camera is for, right?















Posted by Picasa

No comments: