I have so much to catch up on...and don't worry those amzing pictures of koalas, beaches, sunrises and fish and chips are coming. And while we're on the topic - I realize it's been a picture barrage since we arrived, thanks for hanging in there with us. These three months will probably be one of the best documented times in our lives, and I guess as it should be, right? I mean, from where I'm sitting this is a once-in-a-lifetime opportunity and the likes of which are never to be replicated. So thanks for letting me indulge as of late.
Despite the need to finish the chronicals of last week I feel like I owe Uncle Sam some Memorial Day thoughts. Australia has their own version of Memorial Day, Anzac Day which happened around Easter and gave us a chance to have an unforgettable Easter weekend so I suppose we celebrated then. However, in a way I still feel like I'm missing out; no BBQ, popsicles, swimming and no official kick off to summer...yet.
Madeleine and I painted our fingernails for Memorial Day weekend - maybe a new tradition? Today we had plans to walk to the store today but it started raining just as I had finished bundling up the kids. I miss celebrating American holidays; the red, white and blue...(don't worry Uncle Sam, we'll make up for lost time on July 4th). Maybe I'm getting ready to come home?
I tell myself to not even start to think about the perpetual packing, the forever flight or comsuming craziness that will fill our lives for a next months. I thought I was doing pretty well...but then I woke up Sunday morning with two cold sores. Double whammie! Who am I kidding? Of course I think about it - and mostly when I get up multiple times a night with Henry (ugh). Time to embrace the wave of insanity coming our way.
With Abreva in hand I've got a new strategy - just focus on our amazing Tasmania trip that we get to experience BEFORE all the chaos happens.
Tassie - we'd like to meet.
Does Saturday sound good?
Great, see you then!

2 comments:
love those finger nails! sounds like a great tradition!!! I completely understand what you mean about the ready for home but not quite sure if you are ready for all that that entails...if that makes sense. Have fun!
yay tassie!
Post a Comment