22.3.12

dela-where?

who cares.  spring break was awesome.

I can't ever remember having a spring break.  That's not entirely true, senior year of high school we got two days off from lacrosse and my mom, friend and I booked it up to Boston (coincidence?) and had a blast.  But other than that, I've never known a spring break. 

High school I always had lacrosse practice and games, at BYU spring break doesn't exist, then on to real life and spring break is a joke, back to school and suddenly all the talk is about where you're going for spring break.

Some of these destinations would seriously blow your mind.  But I suppose that's the thing to do in business school, travel, and travel BIG.  Columbia, India, Aruba, Sweden, Brazil, Peru, Bali - just some of the examples of where people we know went for the week.

So when people (keep in mind folks here are from all over the world) asked us what we did over spring break and I responded with, "we went to a beach house in Delaware," most people didn't even know Delaware had beaches and some didn't even know where Delaware was. 

Yes, we went to Delaware, it wasn't Cancun and frankly that's why I loved it.

My uncled offered up his beach house (because who else goes to the beach in March?) in Bethany Beach and we lucked out with unheard-of sunny, warm March weather, had amazing friends with us and loved it.  I already said that? Well I really mean it.  It was a perfect break for us and the whole week cost less than $400.  You read that right, a week vacation for a family of 4 for $400.

Dela-there!

We spent the week enjoying sunshine, playing in sand, taking out the kayaks for adventures, renting bikes, spotting wild horses, filling out brackets, grilling burgers, feeding ducks and loving life.

I played photographer for the week and was having fun getting used to new lenses and new settings. In hindsight I should have just gone with what works and not jeopardized every picture I took with my minimal photography knowledge, but it was fun practicing and learning more.    

So here's the first of many photo-heavy posts of spring break 2012.



Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW! That looks like so much fun! We are so tagging along next year! Gorgeous pictures. Your hair is getting so long. That navy and white striped shirt? classic mackenzie!!!

Job and Rachael said...

Love it! Great pictures :) Yup, we went on a day trip to Vermont for Job's Spring Break. Not exactly a week in Aruba or Bali, but we LOVED it! :) So glad to see you loved yours too, it looks like it was a blast!