despite our mind blowing technology, crazy fashion styles and all sorts of other trends that generations past just won't ever get, there are some things that stand the test of time. Cooking with grandma is one of those things.
I remember cooking with my grandma making oatmeal late at night for a treat, making cookies just for fun, trying a new recipie for homemade tomato and basil soup and perhaps the most vivid memory is when I was making a cake with her and I dropped an egg on the floor. I can't remember how old I was but I was old enough to remember. I immediately started crying thinking she would get mad at me. Still makes me laugh. She didn't get mad and I'm guessing the cake was a uniqe masterpeice only Madelyn Larsen could pull off.
The kids were lucky enough to participate in a St. Patrick's Day feast - so authentic that not much was eaten when it came time for dinner but the process was obviously mesmorizing :)
here's to generational moments.
3.4.12
moments
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment