7.5.12

step inside our world



This is us.  7 loads of laundry us.  That's $21 of us.

And yes, I faithfully do laundry weekly so no build-up here. 

you can imagine the scene when the elevator opens on floor 4 and someone expects to walk in an empty elevator.  yeah right!  Madeleine, smashed into the corner, yells out as the doors are closing, "don't worry, you can just take the next one!"

There are fun quirky things here that I'm sure one day I'll miss when we permanently park ourselves in the burbs but I assure you the laundering process is NOT one of those things. 

corralling the kids while trying to squeeze our gypsy-esqe piled-high stroller through elevators, doors and hallways makes me sweat just thinking about it. 

but at least we have friends.  Without fail, every time we do the dreaded chore we meet the same three cleaning ladies sitting on the bench waiting for their clients clothes to finish washing.  In those moments, sweat dripping down my face, with kids climbing in and out of washers and dryers, pressing all sorts of buttons and rolling around on the disgusting floors that I feel a sense of pride in doing my domestic duty. 

At least the kids love it - to them it's a field trip and they typically come home with 'treasures' like pennies, rocks, buttons and, if they're lucky, a little candy from our cleaning lady crew.

Next time you throw a load in, think of us.



Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Wendy said...

WOW! that's crazy. i do not know how you manage that. and i thought laundry day here was intense!
You're amazing Kenzie!

t.t.turner said...

We just finished folding all of our laundry, and I think yours takes the cake. :)

Lauren Hardy said...

Wow! What an epic adventure and day! How long does it take to sort and fold!?