13.6.12

MOA


The "moa" is where I would meet my roommates for lunch on Tuesdays after BYU devotionals.  Some other places where I've lived MOA stands for Museum of Art - a high class institution where one can observe, absorb and appreciate the finer things in life.

However, in Minneapolis MOA stands for Mall of America where kids and adults alike are on sensory overload. Within the mall you’ll find the Nickelodeon Universe theme park, a 14-screen movie theater, a miniature golf course, the LEGO Imagination Center, an alternative high school, a wedding chapel, and a complete aquarium!  It was intense. 

We went for Toddler Tuesdays because this week Dora was coming (we've just given in to that obsession). 
It turns out the line was way too long for Dora, so we waved from a distance and went on a few rides instead - ferris wheel, carousel and then Madeleine went on a blues clues ride alone (probably the highlight of her day) while Henry just bawled because he wasn't on it.  I ran out of points/tickets so just Madeleine got to go but I sure looked and felt like a terrible mom.  Fruit snacks wouldn't even do it for him - I owe him big time.

I owe him even more so because for lunch we went to American Girl Bistro...dolls, babies and pink everywhere - Madeleine was in heaven.  Every child gets to choose a baby doll to sit with them at the table - they even had a boy version for Henry.  Fortunately Henry hardly noticed the thing (friend) sitting next to him, but he'll probably need some time digging in the dirt, chasing dogs, and throwing a football to recover from the excursion.

That being said it was fun to get out, explore and have fun with my kids.