3.6.12

Ms HBS Pageant

It's a girls night tradition - HBS Pageant.  It's talked about all year and expectations are set early in September.  No pressure, right?

I spent many years running around in umbro soccer shorts - the epitome of a tom boy.  So let's just say I'm not much of a pageant girl - I do however bring creativity to the table. 

Introducing the Real Housewives of HBS...

The three of us had different causes/positions that we stood for and mine was handicapped usage awareness and the others were playground rights and parking garage etiquette.  We had to make a sash, a baked good, dress in character and come up and state our position to the judges. (for the record we brought homemade baklava - made by a friend the we called our 'chef')


We essentially went over the top to highlight some extreme quirks we have to deal with while living at HBS.

I can often be mistaken for a semi; an 18 wheeler; a one-man-band; a circus.  On any given afternoon I can be spotted with a stroller (6), 2 scooters (6), wagon (4), or a bike (2).  That's 18 wheels to my name that I'm juggling along with two kids, groceries, packages, and bags so you better believe I'm hitting that handicapped button.  (we brought our strollers and bikes as props). 

I fought for handicapped usage awareness and for HBS to implement more automated doors, ramps, elevators, and smooth sidewalks.  Oh, and all while staying in character.

It was so much fun going over the top and making light of our life.  Did we win?  No. BUT we did win the swim suit competition!  I think they made up that award for us :)

Let's just say the night was worth having to wash my hair 5 times and spending 20 minutes combing it just to get all the hairspray and gel out.



The majority of these pictures are candid and do a great job telling the story.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: