when down in the dumps, skip the Ben and Jerrys and get yourself some pearls to remind yourself you've got some class despite wearing sweats for a week. lasts longer than a pint
I only buy dark shirts for Henry and probably will until he buys his own clothes
I'm a creature of habit. I run the same circut every time - two small loops then on to the big lake loop past the playground on to the second forrested area then turn around and end at the playground. I know it, the kids know it. We like predictable. I listen to the same music and know exactly how far I've run when I hear "dancing through life" or "popular" or "emerald city".
gluten-free never tasted so good. I went gluten free three weeks ago as a last resort to help a mysterious, symmetrical rash on my arms and legs that I've had since February. SIX MONTHS of itching and gluten-free seems to have done the trick - no help from the three dermatologists I've seen
olympics run my life and have ruined my life in the last week. TV has been on too much and my kids are paying the price. good thing swimming is over
my MBA comes in handy when wardrobe planning and purchasing turns into inventory management. so much pressure to get fall clothes before we get back to Boston - shopping is just too hard/inconvenient/time-consuming at school.
Caprese toast for lunch for the last two weeks and still loving it. fresh mozerella, vine-ripe tomato and balsalmic vinagar on crispy toast is a heavenly combination
the way I dress affects my mood and behavior - and that carries over to my kids as well. Get dressed, put yourself together and you'll just have a better day
I ran with a Bob stroller for the first time last week - that was a mistake
I have mixed emotions about going back to HBS life - there, I said it. The suburbs and thought of a settled life are just too dreamy. That being said, our Boston bucket list awaiting us is something to live for...nothing like going out with a bang.
Henry might have a good looking hair cut by age 5 - it's been a slow learning curve for me.
gearing up for a crazy finish for the summer also means having to very carefully plan out what we need on vacation for two weeks, what can be put away until Boston, what clothes are too small and can stay at my parents basement in our storage, and so on. it will be a frenzied but fun finish.
Oriah, my sister-in-law and my nephew Jonathan just came to visit for a week. I've said it before and I'll say it again, nothing beats family. nothing.
this is the writing calm before the picture storm about to come...
7.8.12
thoughts
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
I can't believe you are off of gluten! I will gather some gf recipes for you. Thanks for the thoughts! It's nice to read a personal update! Miss you!
Post a Comment