25.7.12

Minnesota Zoo

We made use, once again, of our library cards and got free passes to the zoo.  Sounds easy but I literally had to park ourselves in front of the library doors 20 minutes before it opened to ensure I was the first one in to grab the pass.  I learned the trick earlier in the morning when I get beat off the blocks when the doors opened at our local library.  Saving money is serious business people!  Good thing there was another library about 15 minutes away.  Lesson learned, lesson employed, lesson successful.  And off to the zoo we went. 

After our Sydney zoo experience last year, I hardly give zoos any credit but I have to say this one was pretty remarkable.  So many of the animals were awake, active and engaged with people - check out the pictures of the bears and moose.  We didn't have the amazing views of Sydney Harbor, but we did have two kids who loved it all so I can't complain.  Oh yeah, and it was free.


Posted by Picasa

No comments: