I absolutely love the snow, makes me so giddy. I think it stems from my mom. Every snow day we would trek out to McDonalds for breakfast. Traditions never die. She taught me to not fear driving in the snow.
Perhaps this led to overconfidence in high school - my ability to drive in the snow also inevitable led to me becoming an expert at getting cars unstuck. Just pack a little cardboard in the car, use the floor mats if needed, and voila. This led to some pretty epic snow days in high school. One time we hooked up a saucer sled to a car and did donuts in the church parking lot. Like I said, epic.
Then there was the blizzard of '96 when school was cancelled for a week and we did backflips off deck railings, body surfing off roofs and sledding down roads to get places.
Snow beckons me. I loved skiing, then I married a non-skier, moved away, live on a student budget so skiing seems to be a thing of the past; however, I still can't help myself when there's snow outside.
We were lucky enough to get 2+ feet of snow over the past few days so I made sure we were able to go out and enjoy it. The powder didn't disappoint. We hauled the kids down in sleds to the golf course next door to pave some new trails and memories in the midst of the storm.
Along with other snow memories, it was epic, the laughs, the wipeouts and the inevitable meltdowns. We call it Minnesota prep. (Not sure if I mentioned it, but we're moving there in the summer). The pictures speak for themselves.
13.1.13
white-out
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
those pictures are awesome! I love the contrast of colors with the snow and the very very happy faces! congrats on Minnesota! how awesome to know where the next phase of life will be! happy new year too!
i am really digging these pictures. lucky snow!
Post a Comment