4.2.13

achieving....something?...anything?

 {an email sent out by Spencer to the family}

finally got around to doing an FHE on goals tonight. After explaining what a goal is (though Madeleine somehow knew that it was "like a plan except it's called a goal") we asked them what they wanted their goals to be.


Madeleine: "My goals is to every day and every week to make a book by using one piece of paper or 5, however many pieces of paper you want. And my other goal is to read the scriptures every morning and night, and just read it in your heads for kids. My goal is I do not need help with Mommy and Daddy, I can wipe myself when I go potty." That last one actually made the real list!

Henry: "My goals is we go outside and play baseball, and we play baseball with my baseball bat, and watch a show on the iPad. Another goal is that Daddy goes in class without me." Mackenzie suggested "How about you don't cry in your nursery class," to which Henry tilted his head and squinted his eyes at her and replied, "I do cry, sorry."

Before considering this excellent input we had thought of some goals for them already. Among other things, we set goals for Henry to not need a pacifier anymore, not wear diapers, and not sleep in a crib anymore. You should have seen him yell "NOOOOOO!" and cry when I reviewed his goals with him as he stood on his head, with his body hanging out of his wagon.


Just a glimpse into our family home evenings :)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: