This crazy little one recently gave her first talk in primary. I would say she was asked, but she wasn't - she requested it. Our first week back being in our Boston ward as a Sunbeam, she was asked to give a prayer. Absolutely thrilled to participate, she was devastated when she realized it wasn't a talk. So she marched right up to our friend who happens to be in the presidency, and asked when she could give a talk. The following week it was.
She was beyond excited, although somewhat hesitent that she couldn't just go up and talk about what she wanted, rather it was an assigned topic. Reverence. Perfect in my book - feels like we're constantly talking about that but it doesn't always sink in.
I remember my mom saying that I never needed help when I gave a talk and this started at an early age. My first talk was about Nephi and his broken bow. My mom drew out the pictures, practiced with me over and over again until I could do it on my own. Good thing for Grandma Cindy Loo Hoo (Cynthia) because that's exactly what I set out to do.
Mission accomplished. I drew pictures - if they're even worthy of that, Madeleine practiced on the phone/ipad with about every willing family member, and we even went to church early so that she could practice with the actual primary pulpit with the microphone.
She nailed it. And I was oh so proud. I said the first word of the talk and then sat down while she did her thing.
This girl rocks.
"When we are reverent, we show Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ that we love them.
It's important to be reverent at church
We can be reverent with our eyes by closing them during a prayer
We can be reverent with our ears by listening to the talks and prayers
We can be reverent with our mouths by singing the songs and whispering
We can be revered with our arms by raising them when we want to speak and folding them during a prayer
We can be reverent by thinking of Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ
I know when I choose the right and am reverent I can feel the Holy Ghost inside
In the name of Jesus Christ, Amen."

No comments:
Post a Comment