16.9.13

A taste of things to come

I'm the oldest of three and my next sister is 4 1/2 years younger than me. I was constantly involved in sports since the age of 4. 


My mom aand sisters were my fan club growing up - at every game. I think now of the scheduling craziness that it must have been and I'm in awe. Dinners on the go and no consistent bedtime. But they were there. 

I was recently called into Young Women's and a girl had a soccer game not far from our house. We decided to postpone dinner and try our luck to see how long the kids would last. Turns out it was a huge hit. Kids ran around and played, well Henry ran around and played while Madeleine chatted with fellow parents and grandparents. That girl. She has a gift with the elderly, no doubt about it. 

It was so fun to sit and cheer someone on. Somehow all our stresses at home diminished when we were united on yelling "go Tiffany!"  The kids would then turn to me and say, "who's Tiffany?" They're good sports. 

It was also interesting to see just as many dads at the game as moms. Welcome to the Midwest. 

As a side note, I turned around to see Henry coming to me crying saying Madeleine kicked him. He seemed to be holding his cheek.

"Madeleine, did you kick him in the head?? Please go down and sit by the fence until I come get you"

"No mom. I kicked him in the face!"  Said as though she was trying to clear up an obvious fact. Then she turned around and went down to sit by the fence and say there quietly as if to tell me "it was totally worth it mom". 

We've got a wild one!




No comments: